THE DEVIL'S OWN by K.A. Fox ***Find out the Authors top ten horror stories -- Giveaway***
The Devil’s Own
Published by: Acorn Publishing
Publication date: April 20th 2019
Genres: Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Delaney Murphy has always known she’s the Devil’s daughter. And although the title itself is a burden, she never expects to inherit all her father’s infernal abilities. When her newfound magic begins to poison the people closest to her, Laney must make a choice. To protect the world from the worst she can do, she leaves everyone she loves behind and builds a new life for herself, alone, in a place where she can control the urge to give in to the magic living within her.
But when she recognizes a familiar pattern in a string of murders, Laney leaves her peaceful, isolated life behind and goes on the hunt, unleashing a threat she never dreamed possible. Confronting this menacing specter could mean giving in to temptation and becoming the one thing she fears most. Will she use her magic to do the right thing, even if it means hurting the ones she loves?
by K. A. Fox
“Let's go top 10 paranormal/horror stories, books and/or movies.”
1. The Others – this one kept me guessing up until the very end. So well done.
2. The Ring – I can’t watch movies like this anymore. The jittery ghost action terrifies me.
3. Stir of Echoes – Kevin Bacon, a ghost and a mystery that has to be solved.
4. The Sixth Sense – No joke, I cried at the end. And Donnie Wahlberg’s performance was perfect.
5. From Dusk Till Dawn – George Clooney as a bad guy fighting even badder vampires. You can’t go wrong. Plus, Salma Hayek.
6. Army of Darkness – my husband made me watch this and it’s a secret favorite. Horror and comedy.
7. Seven – this one blew my mind.
8. Shaun of the Dead – zombies, best friends and a dash of romance.
9. John Carpenter’s Ghosts of Mars – I can’t turn down a sci-fi ghost story with Jason Statham in it. I’m not that strong.
10. Aliens – Ripley is who I wanted to be when I grew up and Hicks can teach me to shoot a giant gun any day. I love this series so much it was what I watched during labor with all three of my boys. (Yes, I’m a little weird.)
And, one more, because I just can’t leave it out. The Newsflesh Series by Mira Grant – zombies and the power of social media with an homage to Steve Irwin. Amazingness.
K.A. Fox is a proud military brat who has lived all over the world but now calls the Midwest home. She uses her psychological training to facilitate successful negotiations at work and to convince her husband and three sons that she’s always right. When not writing, she can usually be found hiding somewhere with a book and a bit of chocolate, or chasing after her own adorable Hell Hound.
GIVEAWAY!a Rafflecopter giveaway