Happy New Year



What are you hoping for in 2016?



I usually like to spend some time going over the year that past, just to see if I made my goals, but for whatever reason, I didn't make any last year. I don't bother with resolutions, they seem to be more self discipline than I have, but I think goals and things to hope for are a positive endeavor. So here are a few of mine.

I haven't been writing as much as I should, so I made a schedule, and added catch up days in case I fall behind. I have a few novels that are almost finished, a couple of anthology novelettes, and of course I plan on keeping up on Pretentious. I also have another series of short stories planned, but that will all be published together when the time comes. But every writer probably has more writing on their new year list.

Reading more books is a definite for the new year. Most people know that I read for a screenwriting contest every year, but this year, I want to read more novels, and post more reviews. You might see a 'this was just okay,' review on this blog, but chances are you'll never see a bad one. I have too many books to read, so if I don't get into it, I usually put the book down and move to another one.

Working out more often is always on the list, but I have a new bike desk to help with that, so I have no excuse not to get a daily workout in. I wish the desk part was bigger, but it's great for someone who sits at a computer a good portion of the day.

The last change for 2016 is to eat in more often. We tend to eat out more than we should, but eating in is usually more healthy,tastes better since I'm a good cook, and saves money. My husband likes to do a lot of grilling too.

My one frivolous plan is to save enough money to purchase a hot tub next year, but I say that every year and never get it done. Maybe this year is the one to make it happen..

What are you planning and hoping for next year?.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***