This Last Weeks Blog Prompt - Thanksgiving




I'm a little late on this one. I pulled a prompt, then decided to make Thanksgiving the prompt, and had no idea what I wanted to write, so now I'm at the end of the week, and this part of the holiday season is over.

I've always thought Thanksgiving and Christmas were special days, because for some of us, it's the only time our families get together. My son and his family are separated from me by more than a thousand miles, and working out the time and funds for travel is always debatable. I think that's true for a lot of people these days, so this thought is truer than ever.

My husband and I stayed home this year and spent the holiday with friends. We talked about the last year, friends we lost, some recently, and others that moved away. There was also a lot of conversation about the past, what we're doing for the rest of the season, and what we hope for next year. All good things to talk about. It was a lot of fun, but I still missed seeing the rest of my family.

We will be travelling to see my in-laws for Christmas, and that's something to look forward to.

The other thing I like about Thanksgiving is that it gives us a moment to reflect. Whatever we believe, most of us have something to be thankful for, and I think it's good to remember the things that are special to us.

I know it's a tough time for families who have lost loved ones, and if that's the case with you, I hope you'll be able to latch on to some great memories. Both my parents are gone, and I miss the old Christmas' when the entire family came together.

Whatever your plans for the rest of the season, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and will be able to spend some quality time with your families. Have a happy holiday season, however you keep it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***