CHARACTER MADNESS MONDAY INTERVIEW WITH JACKLYN MADISON

CHARACTER MADNESS MONDAY

INTERVIEW WITH

JACKLYN MADISON




 


CMM INTERVIEW with Jacklyn Madison


Tell us about your story:


Well, I’m not technically supposed to talk about it. But you aren’t supposed to know I even have a story, so I’m going to assume you’re initiated and I wasn’t informed. Anyway, my name is Jacklyn Madison, and I just found out that I am the long lost member of The Order of the Key. The Order is a group of people with special abilities who fight creatures that come through interdimensional rifts. It sounds great, but the Order…it has some corruption issues. I’m not so sure I’ve gotten myself into the best situation here. Half the time, I’m really excited about helping people and learning how to fight monsters. I’m much less excited about dealing with Lavinia, the group’s leader. She gives me a very bad feeling, and I can’t help but think that she can’t be trusted. Thank God for Kyp, Lavinia’s son. He has promised to guide me through the politics of the Order, which sounds great…if he isn’t just trying to control me himself.

What part do you play in it?

Well, with Kyp and Lavinia fighting a cold war against each other, it looks like I might be the top contender for the role of deadly weapon. There’s a problem with that though, and that problem is me. I’m not looking to be used by anybody.

Is it scary or a love story?

A little of both, I guess. Interdimensional monsters? Scary. Political complications? Scary. Revolution and violent battles? All very scary. But Kyp? Yeah, there is definitely a love story in there.

Have you heard any good gossip lately?

Did you hear about Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner? So sad. Also, I hear they almost have a director for the Captain Marvel movie! Wait…did you mean about my life? The people in my life don’t so much gossip about each other as plot against each other. There is that one thing about Ross and Kylie sneaking around, when Kylie is promised to Kyp, but I’m not counting on that unless I see it with my own two eyes.

If you could be anything you want to be, what would you be?

A hero. I’m on my way, so that’s a good thing.

Why?

I’ve just always believed I was meant for something bigger. I think I might have subconsciously known what I was, what I was meant for. I just want to help protect people from the dangers of the world.

Where would you live?

Ever since moving to the Estate for training, I really miss New York City, where I grew up. I wish I could go back there.

Where do you live now?

With my Mom, brother, and sister, with all my friends, and all my enemies here at The Estate in upstate New York. Training, training, training.

Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Well, Kyp isn’t my boyfriend, yet. But there’s a definite spark there. We’ll see, I guess.

What would they think about the change?

The change? What change? What…exactly…are you?

Does your fur mat and pull? I was just wandering because I have a mat right now and it really hurts.

That sounds…upsetting. Are you a monster? Because you seem like a monster. And I hunt those. Although, you seem nice enough. You don’t eat people, right? Because I was just starting to like you.

Who is the scariest person in your story?

Lavinia. Hands down. Her special abilities include mind manipulations. She could make you believe things that aren’t true. She could make you think, feel differently. Without the proper precautions, how would you ever know if your thoughts were really your thoughts? But then, Kyp can do that, too. He wouldn’t though, would he?

Who is the happiest?

Are there happy people here? I mean, this is serious business, but we make the best of it. I guess my brother, Morgan, is probably the most in his element.

What’s your author like?

Justine’s a pretty cool lady, I guess. I hear she’s a fangirl like me…

Do you think she portrayed your part well?

I think she did her best.

Does she sleep as much as Jena does?

She sleeps about as much as Kyp does…which is to say, she’s an insomniac.

Do you have any pictures to share?

Author Bio: Justine Manzano is a multi-genre writer who prides herself on her ability to juggle motherhood, writing, and the very serious businesses of fangirling and multiple forms of geekery. When she’s not flailing about her favorite characters and actors, she struggles to create her own characters with the hopes someone will flail about them one day.

Justine lives in Bronx, NY with her writer husband, son, and a cacophony of cats. She and her husband often spend nights sharing the couch as they watch television, laptop to laptop, communicating in that nearly telepathic fashion that comes with years of marriage. Together, they work to raise their own little padawan in the ways of the geek.

In high school, Justine dreamed of being a performer and is still known to sing loud enough in the shower that people outside of her apartment can hear her. Despite her initial dream of being on Broadway, Justine has spun stories around in her head since she could barely create a complex sentence. Ever since then, her imagination has run wild, so it was no surprise to anyone when she declared herself a writer.

Justine prides herself on writing what she calls “Weird Stuff.” She has always believed that it is the stranger subject matter that combines great storytelling with a great message. And that’s what she aims to achieve.
Her short fiction has appeared in the anthology Things You Can Create, Sliver of Stone Magazine, The Greenwich Village Literary Review, and The Holiday Cafe. An award winning fanfiction writer, she works as a fiction reader for Sucker Literary Magazine and an occasional reviewer for G-Pop.net.


Find Justine Here:

Facebook: Justine Manzano-Author
 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/justine_manzano

Blog:http://justinemanzano.com/


Book Blurb: Jacklyn Madison has a thing for heroes. She reads about them, watches them on TV, and would very much like to become one. When a monster makes an attempt on her life she discovers she is a hero – the long lost member of The Order of the Key, a group of humans with powers that protect humanity from creatures that come through interdimensional rifts.

It’s all fun and games until training for her duties reveals the Order’s out-of-touch views – Keys like Jacklyn are protected, while Guardians like the rest of her family are considered expendable. As she rails against their value system, she finds herself in the center of a power struggle between the group’s leader, Lavinia, and her idealistic son, Kyp. Believing Lavinia to be engaged in hidden criminal activity, Kyp spearheads a secret effort to overthrow the leadership of the Order and Jacklyn quickly signs on.

As Kyp’s efforts to protect his team from his unpredictable mother entangle them in a mire of danger and deceit, Jacklyn must find a way to keep the people she loves safe from monsters – those The Order was chosen to fight and those operating within.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***