Lulu and Malek Sail Off to Sea! by June Foster and Rob Scheer - Children's Fiction (ages 3 to 7), 32 pages


Book Details:

Book Title: Lulu and Malek Sail Off to Sea! by June Foster and Rob Scheer
Category: Children's Fiction (ages 3 to 7), 32 pages
Genre: Children's Book
Publisher: Hubble & Hattie
Release date: August 23, 2022
Content Rating: G. The book is designed for children between 3-7 years of age.

Book Description:

Adventurous friends Lulu and Malek make fantastic discoveries, take care of our planet, and meet new friends as they explore the wonders of the world under the sea. With vibrant illustrations and endearing characters, this fun-to-read rhyming book is sure to be a children's favorite that they will want to read over and over again! Add this fun-filled and inspiring book to your home or class library! It will be enjoyed by children who love adventure, a good laugh, and want to learn more about the sea and conservation.
Buy the Book:
add to Goodreads


Goodnight, Sleep Tight!
By June N. Foster

I would love for this post in particular to be very interactive, hearing your time-proven goodnight routines for young children!

At the end of Lulu and Malek Sail Off to Sea, you see our two characters sound asleep dreaming about adventures to come! They indeed had a fun-filled day full of excitement, but on normal days, how do you wind your children down and prepare them for a good night's sleep?  

All the bells and whistles electronics had not yet been invented (or) were not purchased when I was a little girl, so my parents didn’t have to insist our phones or hand-held games were turned off. I’m glad for this. For me, knowing the sun would be going down soon after our family dinner had finished and the dishes dried and put away, I knew the inevitable bedtime was around the corner. I dreaded this because I was certain I would miss-out on something exciting! Yet, everything seemed to fall into place after bath time, brushing teeth and kneeling beside the bed to say prayers.

Afterward, mama or papa read us a story, and on many nights, we would make up a story–this was a favorite thing to do! Papa would start with: “A long, long time ago (he would pause here), when I was a little boy (he would emphasize and quickly say these words and we would laugh) . . .”. After his starter sentence, he would say, “In a land far, far away . . .”. 

Next, my little sister would add something funny or suspenseful on to the story, and then it was my turn to add a few sentences. Soon, our story turned into an adventure with twists, turns and laughter. Rarely did I want the story to end, but after 30-minutes or so, Papa found a way to end the story on a happy note. He would then kiss us, turn off the light, and say, “Goodnight little ones. I love you!” My greatest wish is to have children one day, and to tuck them in for a night of peaceful bliss!

Your ideas for winding excited little ones down for sleep would be fantastic to hear! Please share with us your endearing bedtime routines! 

Meet the Authors:


Just a bit about me. I live in Arizona, but for most of the year, I travel across our beautiful earth as a deckhand and yoga instructor in the yachting industry. I love the serenity of the sea, exploring treasured caves, hiking through lush green forests, immersing myself in different cultures, and meeting new friends. I recently launched an online retail store (www.yachtieinspired.com) that offers conservation and yachtie inspired designs through my Sea Our Love and Silent Whispers Collections. You can also purchase a Personalized Signed Copy of my books on my online store, or please visit junenfoster.com to learn more!

My co-author, Rob Scheer and I have completed two beautifully illustrated, heartfelt children's books. Rob is the Founder and CEO of Comfort Cases. Since 2013, Comfort Cases set out on a mission to eliminate the use of trash bags and provide children entering the foster system with brand new essential and comfort items. To date, Comfort Cases has positively impacted over 110,000 children, and has recently opened a chapter in the United Kingdom. For each book purchased of Lulu and Malek Sail Off to Sea, we will donate one book to Comfort Cases.

Connect with the Authors: 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the authors' bios and the book details, Lulu and Malek Sail Off to Sea! sounds like a wonderful story to read with my grandchildren. When my own children were very young, a warm bath and the reading of a bedtime story was a nightly routine in our home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***