Skip to main content

Character Madness Monday

 

Character Madness Monday

An interview with

Lachlan King, King of Cearbhall

From Elle  Clouse's Stealing the Wolf Prince

 (Wylderland Chronicles Book 1)

 
 
 

 
 
 

Tell us about your story

 

I am Lachlan Canis, King of Cearbhall. I lost my mother at a young age and the family curse set in when I was fifteen years old. 


My story doesn’t truly start, though, until my saving grace, Kiera, returns to my life. I thoughts I’d never see her again, as the curse had all but claimed my humanity. But she tamed the beast and set me free in more ways than one.

I awoke to a world where my own brother’s ruled through fear. Where they neglected their royal duties in favor of their vices; women, mayhem, and manipulation.

 
 
Is it scary or a love story?
 
Yes and no. The curse is not to be taken lightly, a raging wolf is not easily tamed. But Kiera captured my heart long ago and freed me.

 
 
Have you heard any good gossip lately?
 
Who has time for gossip? The treasury is depleted, people have vanished with no trace, and two treacherous princes have to be dealt with. I only have time for the facts as I get Cearbhall back in order.

 
 
If you could be anything you want to be, what would you be?
 
I’d ask for a cure in a heartbeat. No man should be burdened with the wolf curse. Call me a wolfkin if you must but living a dual life with a wolf isn’t something I’d wish on my worst enemy.

 
 
Where would you live?

I wouldn’t live anywhere else, I was born to rule Cearbhall and there I will stay.

 
 
Where do you live now?
 
Currently I reside in the servant wing of the castle as the royal wing burnt to the ground. Repairs are coming along nicely and should be completed within a year or so. When I have spare time, I visit Kiera at her cottage as she studies her new magic lessons.

 
 
Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
 
I’m not sure I understand the question, I have a lot of friends. I am betrothed to my best friend, Kiera. I have many allies too. 

 
 
What would they think about the change?
 
Do you mean are they happy I am betrothed? Considering many assumed I had perished, I think they are happy for us. As I said, the wolf curse is not to be taken lightly. Many don’t see their humanity again once it’s set in. 

 
 
Does your fur mat and pull? I was just wandering because I have a mat right now and it really hurts.
 
Uh, no it does not. It’s short and sleek. 

 
 
Who is the scariest person in your story?

There are many scary aspects of my story, some of the worst is how people can twist the truth to justify their actions. It’s appalling was people can do with the right information or motivation. Just look what my brother Ayden did…

 
 
Who is the happiest?
 
At the end of the day, that would be me. I have my life back. My fairy tale ending, as Kiera would say. 

 
 
What’s your author like?
 
Elle is a magnificent wordsmith and tells my story with flare and style. 

 
 
Do you think she portrayed your part well?

Elle is the only one that could have told my story. No one else would have done it justice.

 
 
Does she sleep as much as Jena does?

Probably not as she has small children to care for. She also has more stories to write about the Wylderlands which keep her busy. My story was merely the tip of the iceberg. Expect many more stories from these Northern territories.

 
 
Do you have any pictures to share?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***