The Dolphin Dentist: No Sharks Allowed by Cheryl DaVeiga - Children's Picture Book

 


 

Book Details:


Book Title: The Dolphin Dentist: No Sharks Allowed by Cheryl DaVeiga
Category: Children's Fiction (Ages 3-7), 44 pages
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Publisher: Waterhole Productions LLC
Release date: November, 2023
Content Rating: G. This children's book is for everyone.

Book Description:


COMING SOON! A “Fin-tastic” adventure Like No Other!

Fearless Flossy, a mighty great white shark, has a secret—she’s terrified of going to the dentist. Dr. Dribble, the big-hearted dolphin dentist, has a jaw-dropping fear of his own, and a strict “No Sharks Allowed” policy. When Fearless Flossy makes an unannounced visit to Dr. Dribble’s office, it’s the start of an underwater adventure like no other! This ‘fin-tastic’ story is must-read for kids and parents alike. Young readers will be immersed in a tale of courage, compassion, and conquering fear, while giggling and cheering for these unlikely friends along the way.

Dive in with a big Biff Bam Booza smile.

Buy the Book
add to goodreads

Guest Post
Music and Lyrics and Books, Oh My


(The Yellow Brick Road to Children’s Book Author)           

By Cheryl DaVeiga 

I could never have imagined the story of how I became a songwriter and then a children’s book author. It was never in my perceived world of possibilities. I was told tales of good jobs (I became a CPA), careers (I made partner in a large firm), and pensions (yes, I’m retired now).

But doors started sliding, opportunities knocked, and the real me began yearning to make its entrance. Let’s start at the core. 

I love to sing. Yes, I am one of those annoying people. I sing while making coffee, in the shower, in the car, … while writing this blog. Sometimes, I’ll break out in song and people will say something like--“let’s put some music on.” That’s code for “If we’re going to have to listen to that, we might as well hear some real music.”

I also love lyrics. I know a lot of lyrics—like the ones to sitcoms, commercials, pop, and country songs. I can be fun (or irritating) on a road trip. In my circle of friends and colleagues, I was known for writing funny parody songs for any occasion—then passing out the lyric sheets and forcing a sing-along—because who (even an accountant) doesn’t love a good sing-along? 

It turns out that writing these silly parodies was more my thing than accounting. And because my skeptical 7-year-old nephew challenged me when I told him we could write our own, original song, making up songs with kids became my next thing. He decided on the topic (superheroes), and we sat at the piano and wrote a song--a darn good one, if I may say so—good enough that a friend heard it and introduced me to a producer who brought it (and many songs to follow) to life. I was hooked. I couldn’t stop writing. I called them story songs. Man, this was fun! I took every songwriting course in New York City, hired a coach, wrote with my producer, and started writing adult songs. I wrote in Nashville, have songs on critically acclaimed albums, and even won an ASCAP award. But my love of “silly” called me back to the kids.

 

Then, story songs became story books because…heck, that’s just logical. So, here I am, writing kids’ books, with sing-along songs that go with them, playing with words, and eagerly anticipating the next read-aloud and sing-along. Reading, singing, and laughing help kids learn and grow and bond. They don’t even know it’s happening, so let’s have some fun, kids! As my Biff Bam Booza tagline declares: Read, sing, and get your giggles on!


Meet the Author:


Cheryl DaVeiga is an award-winning children’s book author and singer/songwriter residing in New Jersey. After a career in business, Cheryl’s passion for music caught up with her, and she began writing and recording children’s songs as her alter ego, CADi Grace. She then moved on to adult songs, including an ASCAP award-winning veteran’s anthem, the featured song for the State of Alabama Bicentennial Celebration, the theme song to the philanthropic Where Angels Play Foundation, and a NJ Arts' pick for top NJ summer songs. She’s also written songs for artists on critically acclaimed albums.

You can find her books and animated sing-along song videos on her website for kids and kid-lovers-- BiffBamBooza.com.

Biff Bam Booza books have received numerous awards and acclaim, including Mom’s Choice Gold, Purple Dragonfly, Eric Hoffer, and Literary Titan book awards, a Readers’ Favorite 5-star rating, and a Kirkus Review Magazine feature.

Cheryl lives in Tucson, Arizona, and spends summers in her native New Jersey.

connect with the authors: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***