CHARACTER MADNESS MONDAY AN INTERVIEW WITH CERYS


Character Madness Monday

An Interview with ‘Cerys’

for The Forgotten Princess of Mona

Book One of The Dragon’s Treasure.






Q. What’s your name?
A. Cerys.




Q. Cerys? Is that spelled K-E-R-R-I-S?
 
A. I don’t know how to spell but you said it right.



Q. How old are you?
 
A. (Holds out six fingers) I’m eleven!



Q. Tell us about your story.
 
A. It’s mostly about me I guess but it’s also about a lot of other people. Some of them are good and some of them are bad. When I was born, my mother died and I was sick. After my father disappeared, my stepmother took over our kingdom. She doesn’t like it though. I think she’d rather be back where she came from.



Q. So your stepmother is the queen?
 
A. Uh-huh. I’m the Princess of Môna.



Q. Is Môna the name of your kingdom?
 
A. Uh-huh. It’s an island! Domie tells me it’s part of a bigger place called Brit--…Brit-something. I can’t remember. I don’t always think very well.



Q. Britain?
 
A. Britannia! That’s it…Britannia!



Q. And who is Domie?
 
A. He’s my father’s friend and he takes care of me because no one else wants to. His real name is Domelch but I call him Domie. He’s a Pict.



Q. A what?
 
A. A Pict! You know…from far up north where the other Picts live.



Q. Oh. Is your story a scary one or a love story?
 
A. Some of it is very scary. I have lots of bad dreams and sometimes they come true. My stepmother scares me sometimes too.



Q. Does she beat you or lock you in your room?
 
A. (Laughs) No, silly. She’s not like the stepmothers in the stories Domie tells me. (Stops laughing) She just doesn’t care about me and doesn’t want me around very much.



Q. Why is that?
 
A. She just wants her son to be the king instead of me becoming the queen, even though he’s younger than me. His name is Elian but he’s nice. He’s really my half-brother and we play a lot.



Q. Oh. If you could be anything you want to be, what would you be? Do you want to be the Queen of Môna?
 
A. (Looks down into lap and almost whispers) No. I just want to be like everyone else.



Q. Why? You seem like a very nice girl.
 
A. Thank you but I have lots of headaches and sometimes I don’t speak very well. Some people say I’m simpleminded but others just call me a moron. I st-stu-stutter and I’m not very good with my hands either. Most people are scared of me but I don’t understand why. I just want people to like me and not treat me like I’m different. I guess I am though.



Q. Does your fur mat and pull? I was just wandering because I have a mat right now and it really hurts.
 
A. (Grinning) You’re silly! Domie gets like that sometimes when he drinks that honey stuff. My hair gets messed up a lot but ‘Wena always helps me brush it. Sometimes she braids it too. I really like that.



Q. Who is ‘Wena?
 
A. Her name is Owena but I call her ‘Wena. She’s a little older than me and she’s supposed to be helping my stepmother here in the manor but she spends most of her time helping me and Domie.



Q. Who is the scariest person in your story?
 
A. That’s easy! Hwch ddu Gwta!



Q. Hoook the who?
 
A. (Laughing again) Hwch…ddu…Gwta! She’s this tailless, black pig that walks like people do. She talks to you without moving her mouth and says the meanest things. Domie won’t talk to me about her but I know he’s really scared of her. I am too and I wish she would get out of my dreams.



Q. What’s your author like?
 
A. He’s really nice but I wish he wouldn’t make so much bad stuff happen to ‘Wena.



Q. Doesn’t he like her?
 
A. Oh I know he likes her! It’s just that he…well, he just makes bad things happen to poor ‘Wena.



Q. Why?
 
A. (Looks left and right before whispering) He told me once that he only does it to make me a better pro—protag--…ohhh I don’t know the word!



Q. Protagonist?
 
A. That’s it! What’s that though? Do you know what it means?



Q. I think it means ‘good person.’
 
A. Oh. So that means that all the bad things that happen to ‘Wena are my fault? Like my mommy dying?



Q. No, of course not. It just means that your author might be more of a jerk than you think he is.
 
A. Oh. (Smiles wide) Alright!



Q. Do you think he portrayed your part well?
 
A. I don’t know. I’m not a very good storyteller. I guess so though, because at least he introduced me to Talorc!



Q. Talorc? Who is that?
 
A. He’s my dragon friend! At least, I think he’s a he. Uh-huh…he’s a he. I named him after my father!



Q. Does your author sleep as much as Jena does?
 
A. (Shaking head) Oh no. No one sleeps as much as she does! Hwch ddu Gwta once told me in a dream that she would make me sleep my life away just like her. Then she told me that I would die screaming on a spear point!



Q. Oh. Ummm…that’s nice, I suppose. Do you have any pictures to share?
 
A. Sure! I’ll have my author send one along with this when he’s done. You’re a nice bear-man! Bye bye!










Author bio: Guy Donovan has worked on both television and feature films as an animator and storyboard artist/designer for Marvel Films, Hanna-Barbera, Sony Pictures, DreamWorks SKG, and Warner Bros Feature Animation, amongst others.

When the traditional animation business dried up in the early 2000’s, he “chose to get out” of the industry rather than “being thrown out of it.” He then began working for the U.S. Government in return for a steady paycheck, allowing him to continue his wasteful habits of eating and providing for his family.

Guy lives in North Dakota with his wife and daughter. With the publication of “The Forgotten Princess of Môna: Book One of The Dragon’s Treasure,” he is thrilled to return to the world of storytelling. He is currently completing books two and three of The Dragon’s Treasure Trilogy: “A Cold, White Home” and “Memories so Distant and Brief, Yet Ever Green.”




Dragon’s Treasure FB link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dragons-Treasure-Trilogy/172879129537712

Amazon buy link: http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Princess-Mona-Dragons-Treasure-ebook/dp/B00EHPYAC8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1438510814&sr=1-1&keywords=the+forgotten+princess+of+mona


 


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***