The Silver Sail (The Coseema Saga #2) By Bridgette Dutta Portman - Science Fiction/ Fantasy, YA - A looming supernova. A long-lost starship. A hero turned evil.
This is my post during the blog tour for The Silver Sail by Bridgette Dutta Portman. In The Silver Sail an anxious 16-year-old trapped in a world of her own creation must find a legendary starship before the double suns explode.
This blog tour is organized by Lola's Blog Tours and the tour runs from 23 May till 5 June. You can see the tour schedule here.
Age category: Young Adult
Release Date: 3 May 2022
A looming supernova. A long-lost starship. A hero turned evil.
Olive Joshi never meant to fall through a portal into her own abandoned novel, much less kill her protagonist and resurrect her as a villain. Now she’s on the run in a universe quickly spiraling out of her control.
After narrowly escaping Coseema with her life, Olive and her friends head for a distant planet in search of the legendary starship the Wave-Rider, which may be the only hope for the doomed people of Lyria. But the voyage there is littered with obstacles—the tyrannical ruler of a dying colony, a mysterious spacefarer, the ever-present threat of Coseema, and Olive’s own obsessive fears. Back on Lyria, Olive’s allies face obstacles of their own as they vie with the cruel emperor Burnash, while Burnash himself chafes under Coseema’s control. Olive, armed with her omniscient journal, finds comfort in reading along with her friends’ adventures. But when time runs out, she must embark on a risky collision course with her former heroine, one that may force her to give up what she treasures most.
The Silver Sail, Book Two of the Coseema Saga, is a must-read for fans of portal fantasy, space opera, coming-of-age adventures, and novels about mental health, self-esteem, friendship, and courage in the face of uncertainty.
The Twin Stars (The Coseema Saga #1) by Bridgette Dutta Portman
“A troubled teen. A magic journal. A portal to another world.”
You can buy The Twin Stars here on Amazon
Olive Joshi’s Top Ten Ways to Die in Space
1. Oxygen leak. Zeph says we brought enough and the tanks are secure, but you never know.
2. Nova. If the Dead Sun flares up while we’re out here, we could be fried. Our Nova shelter is basically just a closet.
3. Asteroid strike. We’re flying through the asteroid belt, after all. Zeph says there’s nothing to worry about, because of COURSE he says that. He’s never worried about anything.
4. Radiation. Constant radiation. Our ship has shielding to protect us from it, but the longer we stay out here, the more it starts to add up.
5. Explosive decompression. If there’s a breach in the hull, and we lose pressure, it won’t be pretty.
6. Spacewalk gone wrong. Not that I would ever actually DO a spacewalk.
7. Navigation failure. If the ship veers off course, we might end up wandering through space forever, until we run out of food and water and air and it’s just our skeletons left on board.
8. Muscle atrophy. The lack of gravity makes exercise hard. We try, but our muscles are getting weaker by the day.
9. My fellow passengers. There’s no privacy and we’re all starting to get on each other’s nerves. And finally…
10. Boredom. You’d think it would be impossible to be terrified and bored at the same time, but you’d be WRONG. Space is full of a lot of…nothing. I just hope we get to our destination soon.
About the Author:Bridgette Dutta Portman is an author, playwright, and teaching artist. Dozens of her plays have been produced across the United States and overseas. She holds an MFA in creative writing from Spalding University, as well as a PhD in political science from the University of California, Irvine. She is past president of the Playwrights’ Center of San Francisco and is currently a member of Same Boat Theater Collective, the Pear Playwrights’ Guild, and the Dramatists’ Guild. She recently joined the board of the Pear Theatre in Mountain View, CA. The Twin Stars is her debut novel, and the first of a planned trilogy. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband Deepanshu and their two young children.
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of The Silver Sail. One winner wins a $25 Amazon or B&N gift card. Open International.
For a chance to win, enter the rafflecopter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This sounds awesome! I'm new to the series.ReplyDelete