Character Madness Monday

An interview with

Elsa Reeve 

from Rachel Rossano's Medieval Romance Novel

Honor







1. Tell us about your story 

I am, Elsa Reeve, the second daughter in a family of three daughters and one son. My younger brother is going to inherit everything my father owns upon my father’s death, including the title Baron of Malorny. My duty as a daughter is to marry well, something my sisters have accomplished already. Unfortunately my mother and my brother have plans for me to marry for their benefit, but I am doing all I can to avoid their intended ends short of open rebellion.

2. What part do you play in it? 

I am the female protagonist, in other words the heroine.

3. Is it scary or a love story? 

A bit of an adventurous love story.

4. Have you heard any good gossip lately? 

The Earl of Dentin supposedly killed his father, but I am not sure I believe the gossip. He doesn’t strike me as the type. Not that he wouldn’t kill. I am sure he would and has, on the battlefield, but murder takes a different kind of motivation, a different mental state. Dentin is too honor conscious for that.

5. If you could be anything you want to be, what would you be? Why? 

I dream of what most women my age dream of, a kind and rich husband, a comfortable home, security, children, health, and contentment. If my husband wasn’t kind, he might beat me. I don’t require a fancy home, comfortable will be more than enough. Security is something I have worried about a lot lately. It would be nice to not have to any more. I love children and want to have a full household with many little ones underfoot. With the hope of bearing all of those children, I better pray for my good health to continue. Pregnancy and childbirth are risky events in the medieval world. Contentment is essential to enjoy any life, no matter how rich or poor. Without being grateful and content in what I have, I cannot be happy.

6. Where would you live? 

Far from my mother and my brother, but close to my father and sisters and their families. Yes, that would be a bit impossible.

7. Where do you live now? 

In my parent’s household with my parents and occasionally my brother. I have contemplated asking one of my brothers-by-law, Aiden, if I could live with him and my sister Moriah. He is a good master and would prove a dependable protector, but I suspect he would eventually send me back to my parents.

8. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? 

Never had anyone pursue my attention in that way. At least not until recently.

9. What would they think about the change? 

Change?

10. Does your fur mat and pull? I was just wandering because I have a mat right now and it really hurts. 

Pardon? I don’t have fur. Though it might prove useful at times.

11. Who is the scariest person in your story? Who is the happiest? What’s your author like? 

Merrill and Dentin are both scary, though I would lean toward Merrill being the scarier. Dentin is more intimidating.
My little sister just got married to a very nice man. I suspect she is the happiest of all of us.
My author is pleasant most of the time. She has her moments of panickiness, bossiness, and cross spells. Overall, I couldn’t ask for a better author.

12. Do you think she portrayed your part well? 

Yes. She seemed sympathetic to my feelings and thoughts. Though she did have a disturbing inclination to make my situation much worse than she needed to.

13. Does she sleep as much as Jena does? 

I don’t know who Jena is, but I suspect my author sleeps less than the average adult. Something about trying to maintain a writing career, a cover design business, and raising three small children might have something to do with it.

14. Do you have any pictures to share?

Here is a link to my book coverhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7IX63K

Here is a link to my book trailer https://youtu.be/0yLAD5dcySg
You can catch a glimpse of Dentin, the intimidating man I mentioned. I would be interested in hearing what you thought of him. 

"I love trailers" 
Thank you for joining us today Elsa. Good luck with your story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL IS FAIR by Dee Garretson ***Guest Post: Learn about the era-specific issues in her main character's world -- Giveaway***

KILLER LAWYER -- A New Thiller by Mark Nolan ***Guest Post: Learn fun Facts about Killer Lawyer -- Excerpt -- Giveaway***

DESTRIA WAVES - Anastasia Series Book 1 by Lily Raine ***Excerpts -- Giveaway***